Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ashok Vasudevan

"Theatre happened to me by accident. I have only grown through it and cherish the happening of this accident. There have been ups and downs. I have been pretty on and off but never has the passion died down. In my first play, I essayed the character of the alter ego of a hangman which was an eye opener in terms of interpretations and symbolism that theatrical techniques employ.  With a special liking for street theatre, I directed several of them in college for intercollegiate festivals and other events. Proscenium theatre, mime, street theatre are my areas of interest.

I have been a part of the beyond team for a relatively short time as I joined in pretty late but the experience has been a lot of fun, hard work and learning. Having a full time job and rushing for rehearsals everyday has been quite a roller coaster ride, and a pleasant one at that. The creative spirit of the director and the team has given me the necessary drive and energy to explore. I do regret not having been a part of it from the start but now that I am, It has been an unforgettable journey through the nuances of the stage and theatre. The very essence that this play emanates is so full of colour and beauty. Best wishes to all my team members(including me!) for a successful April 3rd and 4th. And to the rest, enjoy the show!"   

Ashok Vasudevan

No comments:

Post a Comment